Just a few days back, At WWDC 2018 Apple has announced the iOS 12. According to Apple, iOS 12 is the fastest and smoothest version of iOS apple ever made. iOS 12 will even run smoother on older iPhones and offer better performance and optimization. Also iOS 12 Beta 1 is currently available for developers and beta testers.
But iOS 12 Beta 1 is not stable enough currently. If you’ve installed iOS 12 beta on your primary device, and facing issues. Then you should downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4 . iOS 11.4 final version is stable enough for daily driver usage. Here in this tutorial, i’ll guide you how to downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4 on iPhone / iPad / iPad.
Downgrade iOS 12 Beta to iOS 11.4 –
First of all you’ll need to download iOS 11.4 Final IPSW File for your Apple device. Check the download links below to download iOS 11.4 IPSW file for your respective device.
iOS 11.4 Final IPSW Downlod –
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 plus, iPhone 7 plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s plus, iPhone 6 plus
- iPad Pro 10.5 inches, iPad Pro 12.9 inches (2nd generation)
- iPad 6, iPad 5
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro 9.7 inches
- iPad Pro 12, 9 inches
- iPad Air, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
Steps to Downgrade iOS 12 Beta to iOS 11.4 –
- Open up iTunes on your PC or Mac. And connect your iPhone with a USB cable to your PC.
- From your apple device, navigate to Settings> click on your Apple ID and open up iCloud options. And disable “Find my iPhone” toggle option.
- Now again open up settings> click on Apple ID and go to iCloud options. And scroll down until you get an option called backup. Turn on the iCloud backup toggle option.
- Or open iTunes from your PC. Make sure your device is connected to PC using a USB cable. From the Backup options, select this computer and select Back up now option. It’ll crate local backup copy of your iPhone or iPad on your computer. If you wish, you can restore to its previous state using the backup file.
- Download the iOS 11.4 final IPSW firmware on your PC from the provided links. Now open up iTunes on PC.
- Right below your device information, click on summary.
- If you’re using windows PC, press shift key. Or if you’re a mac user, press the Alt key.
- Now select restore option. On the next screen, browse and selected downloaded iOS 11.4 IPSW file.
- It will verify the file and check the digital signature. Then it Will ask your extracting permission. Allow it, that’s it.
- iTunes will restore iOS 11.4 on your iOS 12 running device. Once installation is complete, it will reboot your device.
Having any issues regarding how to downgrade iOS 12 beta to iOS 11.4 ? let me know in the comments below.