COD is one of those favorite and most nostalgic games we’ve been playing since our childhood days. A few days back, Activision has unleashed Call of Duty Mobile for Android in co-operation with Timi studios of Tencent Games. Currently, the game is under closed beta test in selected regions to ensure stability and usability, optimizations before global roll-out. Recently the battle royal mode got unlocked into cod mobile that seems pretty awesome and realistic. Though the game has been released for Android devices for a while, however, it needs a really powerful specification to run the game. And here comes people who don’t have high-end phones to run the game and aren’t able to enjoy it with friends. Also playing on phone raises several issues like heating up and lag on low-end or budget oriented devices. For those people, it’s a good option to play call of duty mobile on PC using emulator. Here in this article, I’ll show you how to download call of duty mobile in tencent gaming buddy emulator.
Well, in case you don’t know what’s Tencent gaming buddy? well, Tencent gaming buddy is the official Android emulator developed by Tencent games to run Android games on mid-end PC. Offcouse, It’ll work on costly gaming desktops too but why someone would play mobile games on high-end systems. You might have been using that emulator to play pubg mobile on your PC. Let me tell you, by the same manner we also can install Call of Duty mobile on PC. And it’ll work flawlessly.
But why Tencent Gaming Buddy over Bluestacks or Nox App player? Actually, Tencent’s official emulator is the best one, at least for gaming it’s the one you should pick. Other emulators will give you a headache if you try to run any high-end mobile games on it like cod mobile for issues like high framerate drop and lag. It’s the reason why you should download call of duty mobile on Tencent gaming buddy. Follow the full instructions below to set it up on the go.
Download Call of Duty Mobile in Tencent Gaming Buddy
1. Run the emulator and click on the pubg mobile app icon. Another window will open up loading up the game, then click the exit icon present at the right sidebar of the emulator.
2. You should get a screen like this upon clicking the exit icon. Now press Shift + F9 key together from your keyboard.
3. We need to install ES File Explorer there, to do it open up the browser in Tencent gaming buddy. Type www.apkpure.com in the address bar, and open up the following site.
4. Thereafter search and download ES File Explorer from APKpure website and install it. We need it for the next steps.
1. Now we’ve to download two files – Call of Duty Mobile APK & OBB data. You can visit this link to download it on your PC.
2. We need to move these files in the emulator to get access to the game. After downloading, go to the drive where you installed Tencent Gaming Buddy. There should be a folder / Temp. In most cases, it’s in the C drive.
3. Open up Temp Folder. Navigate to Temp\TxGameDownload\MobileGamePCShared and paste the downloaded main.199.com.activision.callofduty.shooter.obb file andcom.activision.callofduty.shooter.199.apk there.
4. Now open up ES File Explorer and enable Root access. It’ll allow us to get into the device directory.
5. Click the small three lines present at the left side, and choose Device.
6. Navigate to Data> share1, you should see that two pasted file there.
7. Install the Call of Duty Mobile APK in Tencent Gaming Buddy. Don’t launch the game.
8. Now copy or cut the main.199.com.activision.callofduty.shooter.obb file and paste it in Internal storage> Android> OBB location.
9. Create a new folder under the same location (Internal storage> Android> OBB), name the folder com.activision.callofduty.shooter.
10. Now move the obb file inside this newly created folder.
11. The OBB file directly should look like this Internal storage> Android> OBB> com.activision.callofduty.shooter> main.199.com.activision.callofduty.shooter.obb
12. That’s all boys, now run the game and play call of duty mobile in Tencent gaming buddy emulator on your PC.
If you’re having trouble or messed up with step 2, or feel it’s bit hard. Then follow up this method.
An alternate method to Download & play Call of Duty Mobile on PC [Tencent Gaming Buddy Emulator]
1 Open up the web browser in the emulator. Now copy the above link that I’ve given in step 2 to download cod mobile apk and obb files.
2. Paste the link in the Tencent emulator’s browser.
3. Download the required files, all files will be downloaded there directly. Don’t need to do anything with temp Folder.
4. Now go to Internal storage> Downloads and there you should see those two downloaded files.
5. First, install the Call of Duty Mobile APK in Tencent Gaming Buddy Android Emulator.
6. Crate a new folder namely com.activision.callofduty.shooter under Internal Storage> Android> OBB. Paste the main.199.com.activision.callofduty.shooter.obb file in that newly created folder.
7. Launch the game, sign into with your Facebook account or log in as a guest.
8. After installing call of duty mobile on PC, do the key mapping as you like or as you need or fell handy to control. Without key mapping, you can’t control anything in the game.
9. Now you can play call of duty mobile in Tencent gaming buddy with your friends.
Error: “Your Device Does Not meet minimum requirements” or “Device Specification Not Supported” After Installing Call of Duty Mobile in Tencent Gaming Buddy
If you’re unlucky enough, after all these troubles to download call of duty mobile in PC you might get prompt like “Your Device Does Not meet minimum requirement” or “Device Specification Not Supported” in Tencent gaming buddy upon launching game. Here you need to download GL Tools from here and install on the emulator, run some tests until you could play the cod mobile on it.
For any other issues, comment down below.