Ever thought about extracting and copying text from a photo ? In today’s digital life, we often use our camera to click photos of important documents or notes. Suppose you’ve got a photo of a important document or class notes. Or you’ve got a image containing some inspirational or motivational quote that you would like to share on social media like facebook or whatsapp. So for that you needed to write the text manually then only you can use or share it. Or for an example, you’ve a photo of a document or text file that’s in Chinese, and you really don’t know that language. So by default there’s no way to understand the text unless you know someone who can translate it for you. As you don’t know that language, it’ll be very hard for you to even type the text and translate it using any translator applications. But what if i tell you that you can extract and copy the text from the image. For instance, you can copy the text from image on clipboard and then you translate it using google translator. Isn’t it easier ?
Suggested – How to See Deleted Messages on Whatsapp.
Well here i will talk about best OCR App for Android or online OCR tool for PC. So basically OCR stands for optical character recognition. It allows anyone to extract texts from photos. Using OCR apps, you can simply copy the text from any photos. And if you’re a student and have lot of assignment stuffs where you will need to use texts from multiple books, it’s really very helpful and time-saving. You can simply click photo of a page from your book, and use the OCR App and extract the text. Then you can copy the text from image and save it as a PDF file on in any other format for further use. Today i’ll show you how to copy text from images.
Our Pick for You – How to download Paid Android Apps for Free.
Extract Text from Image on Android –
- Open up Google Play store and search for “Text Fairy (OCR Text Scanner)“. Download and install the app on your android device. This app helps to convert an image to text, also you’ll get option to edit the extracted text and convert the scanned text or page into a PDF file.
- After downloading open up the app. It will ask for permission to access photos, media and files on your device. Click on Allow. And click on Ok. This app can only extract text from typed texts. It can’t read human handwriting.
- This app can read English, Russian, German language. But you may also download more additional languages by clicking on the “Download Your Language” Button.
- You can click on the camera icon from the top right corner of the screen and take fresh photo and convert to text. Or click on the media icon on the extreme right cornet of screen and use any offline stored photo on your device. Just make sure the photo is taken in a bright place, the app may not copy texts from dark photos.
- Click on the Media / camera icon as per your requirements. And browse and select any photo. It will take a few seconds to process the image.
- On your screen, you’ll get a blue square box which is adjustable in size. You can adjust its height and width by dragging. Select the area from where you would like to copy the text.
- Hit the blue arrow icon present at the right on the extreme bottom of your display.
- Select how many columns are in the photo like one column or more than one column. And choose the text language. And click start.
- It will take a few seconds to read the text from the image.
- Once it’s done, you’ll get options to share, copy and save the image and PDF.
- Alternatively you may edit the text and then save it. That’s all.
If you don’t like to download any app on your device and looking for an online OCR tool to copy text from image. Then I’ve a secondary alternative only for you. It will work for both android and PC users.
Also Checkout – Google’s Semantic Experiences Lets You to Talk to Books.
How to Copy Text from Image [ Online OCR Tool ] –
- Go to https://keep.google.com from your browser. Or if you’re an android user, you can also download the Google Keep app from play store. Otherwise visit this link, and use this OCR tool online.
- Click on the Image media icon and you’ll get a few options such as capture image or use any existing file.
- Capture a image or select the files option. And browse the image from which you want to extract text.
- Click on the small three vertical dots and select Grab Image Text from the drop down options.
- And that’s all, with a few seconds Google Keep will copy the text from image. Now you can use it wherever you want.
Have any questions regarding the OCR Tool Apps for Android or PC. Or having any issues to copy text from image ? let me know in the comments below.
For you – How to play PC Games on Android Mobile.