Want to port your aircel sim to a new network operator like Jio / Airtel / Vodafone / Idea / BSNL ? well if aircel is your primary sim then you might want to port out to save yourself from connectivity issues in your daily life. Here we’re presenting the best guide to port your aircel number. Before starting porting, let’s know a little bit about the reason behind this aircel tragedy.
what’s exactly happening with Aircel ? is it shutting down ?
Well the answer is no. Aircel has no plan to shut down totally. As of now due to major financial problems, Aircel had to shut down its services Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh (West). In other areas, aircel is facing operational and maintenance issues. Users are getting their calls dropped continuously. In this situation, Airtel has came to rescue aircel by offering several towers that will support aircel signals till the issue gets resolved.
But it didn’t resolve the whole issue. The fact is users are still facing network problems with aircel. Moreover recently Idea Cellular and Vodafone have stopped its interconnect services with Aircel for non payment of dues, which triggered the problem to a new level. The telecom tower company had switched off nearly 1/3rd of the total towers due to non-payment of dues.
Currently Aircel has 85 million subscribers across 17 telecom circles. Aircel communicated with all of its customers via text and the company said that they would strive hard to provide uninterrupted service connectivity and appeals for their support during the current difficult period. As Aircel has filed for bankruptcy on 28.02.2018 , telecom regulatory body TRAI has issued a directive asking the company to generate Unique Port Code (UPC) to facilitate mobile number portability (MNP) which will remain valid till April 15 2018.
If you’re an Aircel user and want to port out your Aircel number to Jio / Airtel / Vodafone / Idea / BSNL or to any other telecom service provider, here is the easiest method to follow.
How to Port Aircel number to a new network –
- Send PORT<SPACE>YOUR 10 DIGIT AIRCEL MOBILE NUMBER to 1990.
- You’ll get a message asking you to confirm it to port out from aircel. simply confirm the message.
- With In just few hours, you will receive a new message containing the Unique Port Code (UPC).
- Now choose in which network you want to switch and go a nearby store of your preferred network operator.
- As an example, if you want to port your aircel number to Airtel. Then go to a nearby airtel store, show them the received UPC and with the submission of required documents, you will get a new Airtel SIM.
- Your old Aircel sim will get deactivated and the new Airtel sim will be activated after that. And then you can start using your new sim. And in this case, your number will remain same.
As per recent reports, due to aircel network issues, both Aircel prepaid and postpaid users are facing difficulties in porting their mobile number. TRAI has asked Aircel to not reject any porting-out request of its subscribers. TRAI has also directed Aircel to generate UPCs (Unique Porting Codes) in its telecom circles where more number of customers are facing trouble in porting their mobile numbers. So you should not get any kind of issues while porting your Aircel number form their end.
For any doubts or questions, Do comment down below. we’ll help you with it.