If you are looking for a way to unlock bootloader and root OnePlus 7 Pro, then here is something for you. The ‘OnePlus‘ brand is notorious with their spec list and achieved a title of Flagship Killer, their newly launched OnePlus 7 Pro is the most expensive and amazing phone in their lineup till date.
The OnePlus 7 Pro comes with a major upgrade in terms of display, the beast packs a resolution of 1440x3120p with the 90Hz refresh rate. Which is present in only gaming phones nowadays. Its display almost eliminates all bezels and opt for a pop-up selfie camera. The rear camera setup boasts a triple camera combo ( 48MP, f/1.6 Primary with OIS; 8MP f/2.4 3X Telephoto lens; 16MP, f/2.2 117° Wide-Angle lens), and the Selfie camera boast a 16MP Camera. Qualcomm’s Latest flagship processor Snapdragon 855 (1×2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3×2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4×1.8Ghz Kryo 385) combined with Adreno 640 GPU. A huge 4000 mAh battery with support for 30W Fast Warp charging. All combined with a top variant of 12GB RAM, UFS 3.0 Storage, upgraded Under Display Finger Print sensor and many more.
Unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP Recovery will allow you to sideload custom ROM, custom Kernels and easily root your OnePlus 7 Pro. As of now, there are no such builds of TWRP (Official or Unofficial build) for OnePlus 7 Pro. But the traditional way to root your Android Devices will work for you.
Complete Guide to Root OnePlus 7 Pro Without Brick
- Rooting might be a complex task for some and taking a backup of your device is always a good practice as rooting will format all your data.
- Properly charge your device, at least 60-70 % is recommended.
- Update to the latest ADB And Fastboot Tool on your Windows/Linux/Mac along with additional drivers OnePlus USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging: Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on ‘Build Number‘ 7-8 times
- Enable OEM Unlock: Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options
Rooting your device requires you to unlock your bootloader and in most cases, it will effectively void the warranty of your device. Unlocking your device comes with a high risk of bricking your mobile device. The following steps might be a complex process and will not vide the desired result. So before proceeding any step further make sure you know what you are doing. In any unexpected case, the author or Gadgetcubes will not be responsible.
How to Unlock OnePlus 7 Pro Bootloader
1. Turn off your phone and then hold the volume up and power button together till the phone boots up in fastboot mode (this may take longer than usual).
2. Connect your phone with your PC via USB and be very careful not to unplug the cable till you finish all the steps.
3. Navigate to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and fastboot tools and press Shift + Right Click and select “Open PowerShell window here”
4. Once connected, type the following commands one by one in the PowerShell window. Type “adb devices” and it will show your device’s serial number. Upon entering the command “adb reboot bootloader”, your device will reboot into fastboot mode. Then use the command “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader of your Oneplus 7 Pro.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
5. You will get a warning notification on your phone, use the Volume up / Volume down button to navigate and choose to Unlock the bootloader Command and the Power Button to select it.
6. Your device will reboot and once it boots into recovery mode all your data will wipe out. Now download all the required files from below and place those in the internal storage of your device.
- Magisk Manager
- OOS 9.5.4 Patched [EU Version/1913]
- OOS 9.5.4 Patched [Global | Indian Version /1917 | 1911]
Root OnePlus 7 Pro with Magisk
1. Download the patched boot image file from Downloads, Make sure you have the correct version of the boot image or your phone might brick.
2. Reboot your device into fastboot mode by holding the volume up and power button together till the phone boots up in fastboot mode.
3. Once you are in the fastboot mode, type the following command in PowerShell window :
fastboot boot <patched-boot-image>.img
Replace <patched-boot-image> with the name of the file you have downloaded in step 1.
4. Now your device will boot up, do the initial setup of the phone.
5. Download the Magisk Manager apk from the Download section and install the apk on your phone.
6. Launch the Magisk Manager app from your phone and select Install to begin the setup of the latest version of Magisk.
Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader and rooted your OnePlus 7 Pro using Magisk.
Now you can install custom Rom and kernel from your favorite android sources and enjoy the taste of new features provided by the roms.
This is the easiest way to unlock the bootloader and root OnePlus 7 Pro. I hope the following article will work the way it is meant to be. Tell us about your experiences down in the comment section. In case I have missed anything, you can let me know down in the comment box as well.