If you are all set to root the device then follow the steps below. But before telling you how to root your phone we need to make it clear that rooting comes with certain risks such as voiding the warranty and bricking the device. So, please know the risks before trying to root.
Also checkout – How to Extract and Copy Text from Images.
- First of all, you would need the ADB and fastboot driver for Windows or Mac. Install it on your computer.
- Now get the TWRP Recovery for Poco F1 and give it a name it as recovery.img.
- Get the disableForceEncryption_Treble.zip. File
- Download the Magisk for Poco F1 and put it on the SD card for your F1.
Now that you have got the required files we can jump to the rooting procedure.
You may like – How to Hide Apps in Android Without Root.
Guide to root Xiaomi Poco F1 –
Unlocking the Bootloader for your phone
- Get the Mi Flash Unlock tool and run it after extraction.
- You would be given a disclaimer. Agree with that.
- Login to the Mi Account. Create one in case you haven’t got one already.
- On login you would see a validation process and you will be prompted with “You don’t have the permission to Unlock the device”.
- Click on Go or use this link.
- Click on the “unlock now” and enter the details after login.
- Now, you will get an OTP to confirm the unlocking process.
- After some time you will get an OTP which means your permission to unlock has been approved.
- Now, enter the OTP and you would be able to unlock the phone with Mi Flash tool.
Installing TWRP Recovery on Poco F1
- Go to developer options and enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock. You can access the developer options from tapping the build number seven times in the About phone section.
- Now open the “adb” folder on your computer and open the command window (Power shell in Windows 10) by using shift+Right click.
- Connect your phone to the computer and reboot the device into fastboot by holding down Volume Down + power keys. Alternatively, you could enter “adb reboot bootloader” in the command window.
- Once in the fastboot check whether your device is connected properly or not. Enter the command “fastboot devices” in the command window. If everything is fine you will see the serial number of the device in the window.
- To flash the device enter “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”. This will install the custom recovery onto your Poco F1.
- Disconnect the phone and fastboot it once more. The phone will boot up in TWRP mode.
- If it requires a passcode then tap the cancel button. Now, go to wipe and select the advanced wipe option and choose wipe data only.
- Reboot the phone into recovery mode and connect it to the computer to copy the DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip onto your phone.
- Tap the install button to install the file.
Rooting the Poco F1
- Boot the device into recovery mode.
- Copy the Magisk.zip onto your Poco F1.
- Use TWRP recovery to install zip and select the Magisk.
- Now swipe to flash magisk in order to root the Poco F1.
Recommended – How to See Deleted Messages on Whatsapp.
Now, Reboot your device and congratulations! you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Poco F1 without bricking.